Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 1: Introduction w/recent picture & 15 interesting facts

Introduction: 

Hello friends! My name is Heather and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m a (transplant) Georgia peach. Originally, from Columbus, Ohio and to some of you I'm known as a Buckeye. I truly enjoyed my college years while an undergraduate at The Ohio State University, but life keeps getting better!

After graduating in 2007, I recognized some pretty significant things happening in my life that when it came time to believe God and move, it was pretty easy to let go and just go for it! So, I made the decision to participate in my ministry’s six month outreach program where I served with a great group of people who had the desire to give greater.

Regardless of my own person challenges, even now, I've realize the importance of setting [my] affections on things above, not on things on the earth. Colossians 3 reveals the beauty of the renewed mind and its benefits to the individual and God's household! I encourage you to read or re-read it sometime soon.

So, with that, I look forward to sharing more with you in the upcoming days about the greatness of our God and how blessed I truly am.

Now onto those 15 interesting facts about me... *with a sigh*

1) It’s really tough talking about me, so I’ve tried perfecting the the art of conversation where I have to do little of the conversing...ha, ha

2)  I learned recently, I'm not as different as an adult as when I was a child when showing my excitement. *cue scary cheesy smile*

3) I love the Anatomy of Film (book) and (concept). There's very few people I can hold hour long conversations with, but my friend Randy and his wife Kelly believe I maybe the only friend they have that can talk as in depth about film who wasn't an art major.

4) I'm the most unique White/Blue friend you'll ever have :) See: The Color Code (book)

5) In reference to The Color Code (book), I've learned how to better see the best in people

6) I have trouble telling jokes because I laugh before I actually get to the punch line

7) I'm pretty independent, but I enjoy being around people

8) I'll admit I'm a geek when it comes to social media and learning new ways of reaching people

9) I've learn to enjoy the competitive nature of being a 5K jogger. I even rose to the challenge of beating my own personal goal during a 10K race last month!

10) I'm a pretty big fan when it comes to The Office. I believe we all come in contact and/or exhibit our own personal "-isms" of each Office character from time to time :)

11) I own a few too many books that I haven't even begun to read.

12) I love the beach, but dislike the salt water

13) I've traveled more in the last three years of my life than ever before

14) Sadly, I got my first pedicure at the age of 28

15) I'm really struggling here...I guess the last semi-interesting thing about me is: I want to publish a fiction or non-fiction book one day.

2 comments:

  1. I think you touched on this but were too modest to admit how you have such a wonderful, warm personality. Maybe that is what white/blue means?
    You can also set up networked blogs so that you don't have to post, it'll auto post right onto facebook, if you want it to...let me know if you are interested (plus then you can tweet it out as well)
    You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree, that would be wonderful if you help me figure that out. I know it was possible to do, but Facebook wasn't letting me. So, I'm open to your help!!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete