Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 2: Meaning behind your blog name

Blog Title: Ranking Ideas

Rankin is my last name and when I thought about the purpose of my blog, I knew what I would eventually post/publish/promote, would be based on the thoughts and ideas that interest me.

As a marketer, we find that the most influential people are the one’s that bring personality to a product, brand and/or service. People respond to that sense of personal identity to the product, brand and/or service. I think Dale Carnegie said it best, “when dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion.” And, “You can close more business in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get people interested in you.”

Even though the connections we have with people aren’t 100% identical with our own thoughts and ideals, we usually understand what’s important to us individually.

People want to be heard and respected, so why not give them that? And give them the knowledge and/or tools to be their best.

No comments:

Post a Comment